Deborah Boswell is a communication consultant and coach specializing in helping corporate executives, managers and technical experts communicate their expertise in a clear, confident and professional manner. Read what some of Deborah’s clients say about her executive skills training and other services.
Through one-to-one coaching, communications seminars or as a corporate keynote speaker, Deborah is a hit with audiences because of her passion, humor, ability and expertise. The best companies know that business communication skills are learnable – and not only enhance a person’s career, but help the company become more profitable.
Trained as a speech pathologist, Deborah Boswell brings her clinical experience to each corporate assignment. As founder and president of Professional Speech Services of Alabama, P.C. and managing partner of Child’sPlay Therapy Center (with a combined staff of 36), Deborah stays on the leading edge of practical methodologies for helping people with speech and communication problems. Her offices are in Birmingham and Huntsville, Alabama. She also serves clients in the Nashville, TN and Atlanta, GA areas as well as across the country.
Deborah was selected by Auburn University’s Samuel Ginn College of Engineering to produce a DVD training program based on her seminar, “Technically Speaking: Presentation Skills for Engineers and Technical Professionals.” She is a contributing author in the book “Live Every Day Motivated, Successful and Happy,” by James & Brookfield Publishers. Deborah was nominated for the 2006 Small Business Award, sponsored by the Greater Birmingham Area Chamber of Commerce.
Deborah received her undergraduate degree from Auburn University in Education/Speech Pathology. She received a Master’s Degree in Speech Pathology from the University of Montevallo.
Her professional affiliations and accreditations include:
- National Speakers Association, Alabama Chapter (Past President)
- American Society for Training and Development, Greater Birmingham Chapter (Past President)
- American Speech-Language and Hearing Association
- Corporate Speech Pathology Network (Past National Board Member)
- National Association of Women Business Owners (Past Board Member, Birmingham Chapter)
- Speech and Hearing Association of Alabama (2010 Publicity Chair)
Deborah undergoes continuous professional development and training in the field of business communication skills, including the Voice Methods Workshop at the College of William and Mary, Weekender at Woodbury: A Voice & Body Workshop (developed by Arthur Lessac), National Speakers Association, Executive Communication Group, and Compton’s Pronouncing English as a Second Language.
Mariah Eubank’s background in managerial and client relation positions have equipped her to successfully support Deborah in her role as a communication coach. She provides high-level administrative assistance in the following areas:
- Acting as point of contact for all clients and external partners
- Maintaining multidimensional calendar events for training classes, coaching engagements, phone calls, meet & greets, travel, and more
- Organizing, preparing, and producing materials for interactive training classes
- Coordinating communications and logistics for all training and coaching engagements
- Preparing and issuing invoices for services and maintaining expense report
- Managing social media accounts
- Accepting all phone calls and correspondence
- Booking travel accommodations
Mariah also serves as an Office Assistant at Child’sPlay Therapy Center weekly, where Deborah is the co-owner and managing partner. Her duties there include assisting with the client intake process, scheduling appointments, and billing. Her Bachelor of Science in Psychology provides her with a unique ability to unpack the complexity of cognitive processes, human behavior, and perception as they relate to Deborah’s expertise in communication coaching and corporate training.
Contact Mariah with any questions you may have regarding Deborah’s services, scheduling needs, or invoice matters.